Thursday, January 31, 2013

Grand Canyon National Park!

One of the many highlights of my Arizona trip was our three night stay in the Grand Canyon National Park.




We also hiked down into the Canyon! We had a limited amount of time so we were allowed one hour to hike as far as we could at our own pace and then come back up. I hiked by myself so I could enjoy my surroundings at my own pace.

We had many switchbacks to hike on.

At my bottom-most point



We needed ice cleats for some parts of the trail

 We stopped at a few of the lookout points during our drive back to the National Park.






We also learned from some Park Rangers while we were staying in the park. We had a surprise guest during our presentations about different areas of the park and the park community. The surprise guest was the Superintendent of the Grand Canyon National Park!







No comments:

Post a Comment